Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Meals for One

Now that I'm home for the summer from college, meals are typically chosen for me.  It's actually a great change from college life, when I have to (gasp!) prepare my own meals!

However, today I found myself alone studying for the LSAT and wanted to prepare a fancy meal, but chose instead to play it safe with the basics.  Three weeks of having meals prepared for you by mommy dearest can do that to you!

 So, for lunch I made an oldie-but-goodie tuna fish sandwich using:

  • 1 packet of Bumble Bee Light Tuna  (2 PP)
  • 1 Tbsp of Fat Free Miracle Whip
  • 1 Tbsp sweet relish
  • 1/4 onion
  • 1 stick of celery
  • Sprinkle of pepper
It definitely hit the spot after 4 long hours of studying and I paired it with a simple side salad with fat free ranch dressing.  

Oh yeah, and crack in a bottle aka Coke Zero!  Love.That.Stuff!!  

Together, the meal was only 5 Points Plus, but I have been feelin' snacky all afternoon so it was good I had points to kill!  


A few of my snacks that missed my camera (because they went straight to my mouth!) included:

  • Homemade granola (4 PP)  (Recipe to come soon!)
  • Cheetos  (4 PP) 
  • Triscuits and cheese  (3 PP)  
By the time dinner rolled around I was still exhausted from my LSAT (can you tell this thing is KILLING me?!?), so I did what any good Weight Watchers member would do......

Walk....I mean RUN....to Subway for a giant salad!!


I love the salads because you can ask for extra EVERYTHING and they actually give it to you!!  Combined with a few Doritos made for another delicious (EASY) meal!  

The salad was 3 PP (I got FF Golden Italian dressing), and the Doritos are 4 PP for one serving!  

The rest of my Memorial Day will be spent watching my fav show...The Real Housewives of New Jersey!  My parents were actually born and raised there, so I always tease them about it!  

Tomorrow I will be posting a recipe for Chocolate Mousse that is absolutely OUT OF THIS WORLD good!!  It's only 3 PP per serving (and servings are nice n' big), so you won't want to miss out!