Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Sweet Temptation

So, where did I leave off this morning?

Something about cupcakes?!?

Oh, that's right...

This recipe calls for one unusual ingredient that you don't normally expect to be in your baked goods:

Can you spot it?  :)

If you chose strawberries, then you are my soulmate, because who really wants to cook with fruit?

I'd rather have sugar, and lot's of it :)

But, if you chose Diet Cherry 7-Up, then you are correct!  The best part about these cupcakes is they are only 3 PP!

Like most of my recipes, these cupcakes use only a few simple ingredients:
  • One box of cake mix  (Can use chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, etc)
  • 12 oz of Diet Soda  (For chocolate, use Diet Coke, for strawberry, I used Diet Cherry 7-Up)
  • 1 tub of cool whip to use as icing
  • Strawberries for garnish! 
You don't need to include the eggs or oil in the cake mix because the diet soda takes over!!

Diet Soda Cupcakes or Cake  (3 PP)  
1.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

2.  Pour the cake mix into a large bowl.


3.  Pour 12 oz of preferred diet soda into the cake mix.


4.  Mix the two ingredients with an electric mixer.


4.  Grease a cake dish or fill a 12 count muffin with cupcake liners.

(AKA - Don't be like me and forget the liners at first)

Much better :) 

5.  Pour the batter into a baking dish or 12 count muffin tin.  (The cupcakes will be overflowing a little in the oven, so don't worry!  It's just more to enjoy!)  

6.  Cook in the oven for 35 minutes.


7.  Once they cool, you can add cool whip to each and garnish with a strawberry.  If you want to be extra fancy, you can use a little red food coloring to dye the cool whip pink :)

I know this looks miniature, but I can assure you they are full size / full flavor :) 

Lunch

Lunch this morning wasn't nearly as fun as those cupcakes, but I can fill you in anyway! 

  • Turkey burger  (3 PP)
  • Homemade broccoli slaw  (2 PP)
  • Salad with veggies  (0 PP)

Both the turkey burger and broccoli slaw are homemade and extremely easy to make, so just let me know if you want me to feature the recipes on here!

Or we can just keep having fun and bake more cupcakes :)

Dinner


Dinner was spent here:

Source

And I didn't do much of this:

Source
But, I split a Weight Management Asian Chicken Salad with my friend, so I couldn't have done too much damage!

Of course, there was that darn bread basket....  I suppose that's what weekly points are for!!

Hopefully everyone else had a great Friday night as well to kick-off the weekend!